Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bike Of The Week!

As a change of pace from the Great China Saga I thought I'd post some pictures of some of the work I've been doing since I returned home.

This beautiful Wilier Cento I worked on today. It's owner is doing the 2008 Triathlon World Championships in Vancouver, and his bike needed rebuilding to ensure it is up to the task.

Equipped with Campagnolo Record shifters and derailleurs, Campagnolo Bora carbon tubular wheels with Schwalbe Stelvio tubs, FSA full carbon cranks on MegaExo ceramic bearings, Zero Gravity brake calipers, Easton full carbon aero bars and stem and a Selle Italia Optima carbon saddle. This bike as shown weighs only 7.34kg/16.18lb! Fast and light...

The cluttered workshop shot



Head on - very aero indeed...



Side on in all it's beauty - LOVE the wheels!



Later this week I'll be building two of these bad boys - 900 gram PedalForce full carbon frames. Will post pics when they're done.



Just before I headed off to China I fitted AlphaQ forks and Chris King headsets to these two lovely Lynskey frames in advance of building them later this month...



My good friend (and ex-Cycle Services boss) Henry has just built up this very cool Scott he obtained from legendary local cyclist, Dave Barnett. Barney is still recovering from a nasty crash before Christmas that fractured a couple of vertebra, but should hopefully be back in fighting form very soon. His fighting form is impressive indeed, as he won the King of the Mountains jersey twice in the old Dulux Tour of the North Island and finished 14th in the amateur Giro d'Italia back in the mid-80s. I'm sure Henry will do justice to Barney's old bike, as he too is legendary!



Here are a couple of shots of Roadworks riders at the Anzac weekend Rotorua Singlespeed Nationals that I had to miss due their clashing with my Jazz Apples trip...It was great to hear that this event went off and was so well supported by all the nutbars who like to thrash themselves with only one tough gear!



Photos below courtesy of Vorb and Paul Larkin.

John Randal



Dave Hicks racing



NOT a Roadworks rider - Revolution Bicycles Supreme Panjandrum Jonty Ritchie shralves a gnarly vert



And to finish the post off nicely, here's an awesome shot of my friend Eoin's 9 year old daughter Tahlay road racing in Perth, Australia recently - a future Olympian for sure!



I'll be back soon with more Tales from the Orient...Cheers, Oli

No comments: