Sunday, January 13, 2008

Roadworks Version 08.1

Happy New Year! I hope everyone managed to enjoy the Holiday Season. I'm just struggling to come to terms with having to go back to work tomorrow, but looking forward to it just the same...

I have plenty of bookings already, but please don't be shy about contacting me for yours. I am back on deck as of Monday the 14th of January and will be cranking the repairs out as fast as possible - not too fast though!

It doesn't look at the moment as if I have any trips for BikeNZ happening in the near future, though it's likely I'll be working with my friends Susy Pryde and Chris Drake and the Jazz Apples Cycling Team on the '08 Wellington Women's Tour at the end of February. This will still give me HEAPS of time to sort everyone's bikes out for Ironman, Karapoti and all the myriad of other fantastic cycling events on around New Zealand over summer, so no panic at all...

On a sort of related note, I'm sorry that many of you will have experienced frustration getting through to me on the cell phone at one time or another. For those of you who don't know me so well I feel I need to explain that if I don't answer it's (nearly) always for a good reason; if it's during my operating hours I've probably got a brake bleeding kit in my hands or I'm building a wheel. If it's outside work hours I'm usually simply trying to escape my business for a while by spending time with my family or hopefully even riding my bike! If the phone thing is really driving you mad, just text me or drop me an email and I'll usually get back to you the same day...

The inconvenience to you all at times of the way I work is regrettable to me, but for a variety of reasons it's how I have to operate. I also know that my modus operandi won't appeal to everybody but, if I am lucky enough to work with you I wish to reiterate my ethos of doing the very best work I can do ALL the time.

I hope to have a great 2008 - I truly hope you do too!

May the wind always be on your back wheel, Oli

P.S. Great to see Julian Dean and Meshy Holt win hard fought and well deserved National Road Championships in the Hawkes Bay today. Julz will be displaying the Silver Fern in some of the biggest pro races in the world for his Slipstream team, while Meshy takes her great form into Ironman in March...