Friday, December 7, 2007

Makara Rally Week

Hi there! It's been another full-on week at the shop - a couple of unfortunate Taupo crash victims to repair, and a big pile of munted mountainbikes to deal with. I managed to sneak in a couple of sly Road Ninja rides this week, and I can even glimpse a distant sight of some form...On the down side, I have been forced to euthanase my poor old Commodore, which many of you will know, and which has provided such sterling service to the Brooke-Whites for many a year now, so respect to The Beast please.



Good work to everyone who achieved their goal of a successful Taupo ride, but if it didn't go your way I'm sorry - there is always next year, as they say! I heard lots of great stories, so thanks to all who have let me know how they got on.

Hopefully all the mountainbikes I saw will be being ridden in the Makara Rally...It would be awesome to see a big turn out at either or both the Creek to Peak and Tour de Peak, both of which have a category for any level of rider. The money you spend goes directly back in to building and maintaining the fantastic world class trails we have the very good fortune to be able to ride here in Wellington.

Here a couple of shots of the superb John Randal and I winning the Vets duo section of the 2004 Creek to Peak - the only MTB race I am able to claim on my palmares! :-D





Mid-week I swapped the Ultegra gruppo off the Lynskey Flamer I've had on display, and substituted it with Dura-Ace for it's new owner. I'm sorry to see this one sold, as I liked looking at it in my shop all day! A truly individual and beautiful ride for some lucky bloke in the 09...



The Ultegra went on this stunning example of the sort of air-brush work that they can do at Lynskey...



The working week came to a pleasant end, as Dave from Bike Fixation brought in a couple of fruity frames and a chainset from boutique US brand Sampson to fettle. The frames were a full carbon Sampson Diablo in a subtle red clear laquer, and a carbon/titanium Exalt that is just begging for a Campagnolo carbon gruppo.





Here's the ISIS chainset Dave brought with him as well...another lovely bit of kit.



I look forward to seeing you at the Rally this weekend! CU, Oli